We at Puget Sound Eye Care are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our patients, staff and community. Regarding the recent COVID-19 concerns, we are following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, the Washington State Department of Public Health, and the King County Department of Public Health.
As of March 17th: The CDC recommends postponing all non-urgent eye care.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Puget Sound Eye Care remains open for essential eye and vision care. If you believe that you are experiencing an eye or vision related emergency, contact our office immediately.
As a reminder, if you have an emergency after hours, we do have an on-call doctor that can be paged. If you need to get in touch with our on-call doctor, call our Seattle office at (206) 526-5222.
We are committed to providing a clean, safe, and low-risk environment for our patients, staff, and community. As such, we are:
- Screening all staff, patients, and visitors for fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, or if they have been in close contact with an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Employees and patients will have their temperatures checked upon entry to the facility each day. Employees exposed to or symptomatic for COVID, will be required to stay at home until they can safely return to work.
- Postponing care when possible, for any patients symptomatic for COVID-19
- Frequently cleaning common areas and disinfecting all shared surfaces before and after use
- Limiting the number of patients and staff in our office to promote social distancing
- All employees will wear masks. Doctors and technicians will wear additional shields as necessary
- All equipment and exam room surfaces will be disinfected after each patient visit
- All glasses in our optical will be disinfected after being handled
- Telehealth care available upon request and/or need
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
We are encouraging all staff, patients, and visitors to use respiratory and hygiene etiquette when in the clinic:
- Frequently wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth areas with your hands
- Practice social distancing and try to maintain a 6 feet of distance from others
- Wear a cloth face covering to your appointment. As of May 18th King County is directing all residents to wear a cloth face covering in public settings. If you are not wearing a cloth face covering, we may require your appointment to be rescheduled. Certain individuals may be exempt from this rule, please see our cloth face covering page for more info.
- Arrive ten minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete paperwork, no earlier
- If possible, bring only one additional family member or friend to your appointment
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, or you have been in contact with somebody experiencing those symptoms or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, call our front desk immediately and before you enter the clinic
A MESSAGE FROM OUR OPTICIANS
If you would like to place a contact lens or glasses order, contact one of our opticians to schedule an appointment. During this time, we are offering curbside and in office dispensing by appointment and free shipping of paid orders. If you prefer to visit our optical in person, please call beforehand to make an appointment.
Optical Solutions, Seattle: (206) 526-5060
Optical Solutions, Bellevue: (425) 454-0230
If you must disinfect your eyeglasses, do not spray or wipe the lens with disinfectant as it could ruin your lenses. Use eyeglass cleaner and a cotton cloth.